Subscriptions are designed to add more flexibility for tutors and students. For students, a subscription is essentially a renewable lesson package that isn't "assigned" to a specific tutor. Lesson prices for students are determined by subscription plans, not by tutors.
This way, subscriptions level the field for tutors, because, in this case, you compete with your skills and personality, not with your prices.
Elements of subscriptions:
1. 10-minute trial lessons
- Ten-minute trial lessons are instant lessons that can be held on LiveXP only.
We believe that 10-minute trial lessons will better encourage students to subscribe to full-length lessons (30, 45, or 60 minutes long).
- Trial lessons are free for students.
- Each student can have only 1 trial lesson.
- Tutors get guaranteed $1 per 10-minute lesson + extra $10 if the new student buys a subscription after the trial lesson.
2. Level-based earnings
For tutors, how much they get per lesson is based on their level (XP).
The tutor level (XP) depends on:
- How many completed lessons they've had in the last 180 days
- The number of new students who have bought a subscription after trial lessons in the last 180 days.
The more lessons you have, the higher your level, the more you earn.
Find out more about the tutor levels here.
How to get the most out of subscriptions?
1. Enable trial and instant lessons to make your profile more visible for new students.
2. Dedicate yourself to trial lessons.
A well-prepared 10-minute trial lesson can bring you $11 if the student subscribes after it.
3. Show the student that their goal is reachable.
Introducing a clear vision of the learning plan which will correlate with the student's interests and needs will convince the student they made the right choice with you.
4. Avoid rescheduling often.
If rescheduling becomes a habit, it may push your students to look for a more stable learning process with another tutor.