Welcome to our Troubleshooting 101 series – your go-to resource for resolving common issues and glitches that may arise while using our LiveXP. We understand that encountering technical hiccups can be frustrating, but fear not! This comprehensive guide is designed to help you troubleshoot efficiently and get back to enjoying a seamless experience.
In the following articles, we'll address specific problems you might encounter, providing step-by-step solutions and useful tips to overcome challenges.
Dive into the guides below to find solutions tailored to your needs:
Typically, our tutors experience issues with registration in four cases. If your case is different or the proposed steps have not worked for you, feel free to contact our Support Team for further assistance.
Case 1: General Registration Issues
- 1. Delete the LiveXP app from your device.
- 2. Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- 3. Reinstall the LiveXP app from your device's app store.
- 4. Sign in to your LiveXP account or complete the registration process.
Case 2: Chinese Tutors Unable to Finish Registration
Some Chinese tutors are unable to complete registration despite enabling notifications.
1. Delete the LiveXP app from your device.
2. Enable a VPN (Virtual Private Network) on your device and select a server outside of China.
3. Reinstall the LiveXP app from your device's app store.
4. Sign in to your LiveXP account or complete the registration process.
5. If the problem persists, try using a different VPN service or server location.
Case 3: Huawei Users Unable to Register
- Unfortunately, the LiveXP app is not compatible with Huawei phones.
- We recommend using an alternative device that is not a Huawei phone for registration.
Please stay tuned as updates and the necessary support for this case are coming.
Case 4: "Sign up" vs "Sign in"
Once you create your account and set up your profile, you will be required to install the app and sign in. Please note that "Sign up" means creating a new account, while "Sign in" will let you in the account you have already created.
Please be sure to click the ‘Sign in’ button and use the same login credentials you used to create your account on LiveXP.
Email Verification Issues
- Double-check the Email Address in the Profile Menu: Ensure you provided the correct email address during registration. A small typo can prevent you from receiving a verification email.
IMPORTANT: make sure you are using an email address of global email providers: gmail.com, yahoo.mail, outlook.com, appleicloud.mail.
The verification email may not arrive at email addresses from other providers.
If you need to have your email address changed, here’s how you may do that: https://livexp.com/community/can-i-change-my-nickname-or-email/
NOTE: if you entered a non-existent email during registration, unfortunately, nothing can fix that. In this case, you need to create a new account with an existing email and inform Support about your first account. We will delete the account with the non-existing email.
If your email is correct, but you still cannot verify it:
- Check Spam Folder: Sometimes verification emails end up in the Spam folder.
- Resend Verification Email: Try this option to receive a new verification link.
If you've tried all the steps mentioned and the issue persists, please reach out to our Customer Support Team for further resolution.
The LiveXP Classroom is accessible 15 minutes prior to each lesson, offering you the flexibility to address and resolve any potential issues, ensuring a seamless learning experience.
We also provide a test audio and video studio for your convenience.
If you encounter any video or audio problems, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that your browser has the necessary permissions for accessing your microphone and video. Also, check if both the microphone and video are not muted. Reconnect your microphone and camera if they are external devices.
- Make sure you are using a supported browser. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari (for macOS users), Firefox, Edge (Chronium), or WebView.
- Try to switch between browsers. If you are using Chrome, try a different one, for instance, Firefox.
- Try using your browser's Incognito mode. This prevents the browser from saving cookies, website data, or any add-ons that could affect your connection.
- Disable browser add-ons (extensions), antivirus software, or any other security tools like VPNs, ad-blockers, or anti-trackers.
- Close any background programs, applications, or browser tabs, especially those that might be using your camera or microphone.
- Ensure that no other devices are consuming your network while you're in a class.
- Check if no ongoing scans or updates are slowing down your computer.
- If the problem persists, you may suggest using Skype, Zoom, or Google Meet. Send a message to your student or tutor with the relevant link. After the lesson, report the issue to LiveXP Support Team, providing a screenshot displaying an error, lesson ID, details about your device type and browsers used.
Issues with Screen Sharing During the Lesson
- Check if you have enabled screen sharing in the browser settings.
- Make sure you choose the correct screen to share on the window after you click "Share screen."
- Try another browser.
- Still encounter problems?
Take a screenshot or video recording of the issue, and reach out to us at [email protected].