Effective date: September 21, 2020
Last modified: September 21, 2020
LIVEXP LEARNING LTD is the publisher and operator (referred to as the “Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) of the LIVEXP website, namely: www.livexp.com and LiveXP application (referred to as the “LiveXP”).
LIVEXP LEARNING LTD is a limited liability company, registered in the Republic of Cyprus under registration number HE 408450, having its registered office at 12 Chrysanthou Mylona, Harmonia Building, Block 1, 1st Floor, Flat 15, 3030 Limassol, CYPRUS.
As You navigate through and interact with LiveXP, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. This automatic data collection can also help us collect information about the use of LiveXP by You, to distinguish between users, to help us provide You with the best possible experience and to allow us to improve LiveXP and the service we offer. This means that when You visit LiveXP, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device. We also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“interest-based advertising”).
This cookies policy explains:
- the choices you can make about whether we can put some types of cookies on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device.
For the purposes of this cookies policy when we refer to “personal data” we mean data which identifies or may identify you as an individual, which may include for example your name or online identifiers such as your IP address.
- Cookies – What are they?
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device when you visit a website or use an application. Cookies are then sent back to the LiveXP on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, and allow the website/application to recognize the user’s device.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser/application. These are known assession cookies. When you restart your browser/application and return to LiveXP, the LiveXP will not recognize you and you will have to log back in (if login is required) or select your unique preferences/settings again. Other cookies remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache. Expiration dates are set within the cookies themselves, and some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after many years. These are known aspersistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
LiveXP uses both session and persistent cookies.
Cookies allow us to recognize users (where appropriate), tailor the content of LiveXP to fit the needs of LiveXP’s visitors and helps us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that LiveXP and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
This includes where available, your IP address and pseudonymous identifiers, operating system and browser type and depending on the cookie, also includes the reporting of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
If you visit LiveXP, we will deploy cookies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect, as well as to prevent and detect fraud and keep your connection secure. When you visit LiveXP from any device (mobile, tablet, PC), we collect information about your use of LiveXP, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution, etc.), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from. You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities with our online services unless the cookies or similar technologies are installed.
- provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment;
- manage our marketing relationships;
- give you a better online experience and track website performance; and
- help us make LiveXP more relevant to you.
- Cookie Categories
This section explains each cookie category in more detail and how you can control their use.
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on LiveXP, session cookies and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies which only exist, during the time you use LiveXP (or more strictly, until you close the relevant browser). Session cookies help LiveXP remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using LiveXP.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies which stay on your device after you have closed your browser and remain in your browser’s subfolders until they expire or you delete them. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
We also categorize our cookies to help our customers understand the specific reason for each cookie.
- Essential cookies: These are cookies that are essential for us to provide a service you have requested and to provide a secure online environment. Without these cookies we may unable to provide some services that you might request. Other “essential” cookies keep LiveXP secure. Essential cookies are used to:
- enable a user to log into LiveXP and recognize such user when navigating the LiveXP ( “authentication cookies”);
- maintain online security and protect against malicious activity and/or violation of our Terms and Conditions (“security cookies”)
- check if a user is allowed to access to a particular service or content.
The essential cookies we use include among others, guestID and sessionId.
- Performance cookies (tracking Website performance): These cookies collect aggregated information and they are not used to identify you. We use this type of cookie to understand and analyze how visitors use and explore LiveXP and look for ways to improve it. We use these cookies to track our sites and plugins performance across the globe. Similarly, we may also use these analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, or features to gauge users’ reactions. The analytics cookies we use may be our own (i.e. first-party cookies) or third-party cookies.
- Functionality cookies (giving you a better online experience): These cookies remember your preferences and tailor LiveXP to provide enhanced features. Without these cookies, we cannot remember your choices or personalize your online experience. We use this type of cookies to:
- make login faster by recognizing you if you are logged into LiveXP; and
- remember relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly (e.g. language, volume, HD mode).
The functionality cookie we use include among others:
- Targeting cookies: These cookies are usually third-party cookies from marketing partners used to deliver advertisements relevant to you and your interests both on LiveXP and on other websites. These cookies can track your browsing history across LiveXP, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. If you wish to prevent this type of cookie, you may do so, via your device’s browser security settings. The third-party companies we partner with include among others:
- Stripe:stripe.com – our payment processor
- First- and third-party cookies
Whether a cookie is first, or third party depends on where it comes from.
First party cookies are set by the website you visit/use. Please see below some of the first party cookies used by LiveXP.
User’s Cookie reminder notification
User’s Session ID
User’s “Remember Me” status
Determines if you are visiting the site for the first time
We recommend that you check the privacy and cookie policies of those websites for information about the cookies they may use and the collection of personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility for any content contained in these third-party websites.
- Web beacons or tracking pixels?
Our emails may contain a "web beacon" (or "tracking pixel") to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email.
We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users and to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them.
The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should read the email in plain text view or with images disabled.
- Keep in mind
- Cookies with more than one use: Some of our cookies collect data for more than one use. We will only use these cookies for their essential purposes unless you have given your consent to any other uses they have.
- Cookies that are already on your device: Turning off one or more types of cookies will not delete any that have been downloaded in the past. We may still use data we collected up to that point, but will stop collecting new data.
- Managing cookies choices in your browser: You can turn off or delete cookies in your browser. If you do this, it may affect sites that use similar cookies to us.
- How to control and delete cookies
Cookies help you get the most out of LiveXP. However, you can set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to be notified when you are sent a cookie and therefore, choose whether or not to accept it. You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on LiveXP at any time.
On your first visit to LiveXP you will have seen a pop-up to inform you that cookies are being used when you proceed with using LiveXP. Although this pop-up will not usually appear on subsequent visits you may withdraw your cookie consent at any time by changing your browser or device settings.
- Does the Website use any other personal data about me?
- Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to LiveXP and Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Policy on LiveXP. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the top of this page. Continued use of LiveXP and Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using LiveXP and Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use LiveXP and Services.
- Contacting us