Anyone who does private teaching today has opportunities and faces challenges people didn’t have in the past. Is teaching today really that different? Let’s have a look.
|Ancient guru||Modern tutor|
|Held solely responsible for how well students do||Realizes that learners play a crucial part in their own education|
|Almost the only source of information||Helps navigate endless amounts of information|
|Worked with local students||Works with diverse learners from all around the world|
|Worked with one-size-fits-all solution||Understands that different learners require different approaches|
|Relied on word of mouth or institutions to get new students||Has platforms and instruments to get learners independently|
|Big emphasis on theory||Big emphasis on practice|
- It’s important to understand that learners are not just passive recipients of knowledge, but active participants of their learning process. If they don’t know it, help them understand it. Learners are also responsible for how much effort they put into their education and what tutor they choose. This is why it’s important to have your tutor card filled, so that learners could make an informed decision.
- Today, there is no problem with obtaining information. There is a problem with sifting through the overwhelming amount of it and picking trustworthy sources. A tutor is the one person who provides structured knowledge and can give pointers on where to look for and how to work with information.
- Our world is diverse and colorful. We all have our special traits, inclinations, and quirks. We differ in age, attention span, background, etc. Tutors on LiveXP have a chance to meet people from all walks of life. Isn’t that cool?
- We all are different and have different learning styles, and tutors should remember that. They need to rise to the challenge of approaching every learner differently to meet their needs for maximum productivity. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Learning practices should be adaptable to learners’ needs. It’s why you can, for example, choose among 15-, 30-, and 60-minute lessons. We’re all pressed for time, but we can still make the best of it.
- Now is the perfect time for working independently. You no longer need to rely on schools or universities to provide you with students. LiveXP gives you exposure and access to learners worldwide. You can use livestreams to showcase the skills you teach and attract more learners. The schedule and LiveXP Companion App will help you keep track of all your lessons.
- We live in a fast-paced environment. We all want to see tangible results of our work as soon as possible. That’s why learning by doing is what most people choose today and expect from tutors. And that’s why on LiveXP we are focused on skills, not just theoretical knowledge.